POSITION: Research Analyst – The Utah Foundation
APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 2, 2022
The Utah Foundation is seeking a Research Analyst to perform public policy analysis and outreach. This is a full-time, salaried position. Candidates must have a strong desire to perform analysis of public-sector issues in a professional, nonpartisan setting and must demonstrate an understanding of public policy topics such as healthcare, housing, workforce, water, and/or infrastructure. Although the Utah Foundation is not an advocacy organization, this position offers an excellent opportunity to be involved in public policy making by providing balanced, factual research on issues important to Utahns. The analyst will help inform conversations around these issues by testifying at public hearings as a policy expert, participating in working groups and conferences, and interfacing with the news media, academia, and other interested parties.
- Clear and articulate writing style.
- Strong data analysis skills.
- Experience working with financial and demographic data.
- Strong people skills, with enthusiasm for public speaking, interviewing, and other outreach activities.
- Ability to analyze complicated subjects in an objective, even-handed manner.
- Ability to direct one’s own daily activities with a high degree of productivity toward meeting regular deadlines, working both as sole researcher and as part of a team.
- A passion for improving public decision making through insightful analysis.
- Experience with infographics and/or other creative ways to display information is a bonus.
- Statistical analysis software proficiency is a bonus.
- Master’s degree in public policy, public administration, health policy, economics, or a related subject preferred.
- At least two years of experience is preferred.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Salary is dependent on experience, in the range of $55,000 to $70,000 per year. Benefits for full-time employees include:
- Robust health and dental benefits.
- A retirement plan; the Utah Foundation contributes 10% of salary annually without a match requirement.
- Three weeks of vacation and two weeks of sick leave annually, plus 11 paid holidays.
Submit a cover letter about your interest and a resume to Shawn Teigen at [email protected]. Applicants selected for interviews will be contacted by the Utah Foundation by December 9. For any questions, please call Shawn at 801-355-1400, extension 3.
ABOUT THE UTAH FOUNDATION:
The Utah Foundation’s mission is to produce objective, thorough and well-reasoned research and analysis that promotes the effective use of public resources, a thriving economy, a well-prepared workforce and a high quality of life for Utahns. The Utah Foundation seeks to help decision-makers and citizens understand and address complex issues. The Utah Foundation also offers constructive guidance to improve governmental policies, programs and structures.
The Utah Foundation is an independent, nonpartisan, nonprofit research organization.
Also see www.utahfoundation.org.