“Hollywood on the Wasatch Front”
Utah Breakfast Club Event
Utah State Capitol Complex, State Office Building Auditorium
Thursday, January 15, 2015, 7 a.m.-9 a.m.
Well-known as a high-tech haven, Utah also has a supporting role in independent film production, which is showcased each January at the Sundance Film Festival. Less well-publicized is the key role that Salt Lake City has played in computer graphics and digital animation, helping to build a digital entertainment nexus on the Wasatch Front. This panel discussion will assemble key leaders in film and video entertainment to explore questions about Utah’s accomplishments and its promise, about incentives for production, about cultivating talent and about the state’s branding. What do these important industries need to take the next step?
Confirmed Panelists Include:
- Craig Caldwell, USTAR Senior Research Professor, Digital Media Cluster; and Arts Director, Engineering Arts and Entertainment, University of Utah
- Jon Dean, CEO XacFAQ and Guv1; formerly with EA
- Virginia Pearce, Director, Utah Film Commission
- Clark Stacey, CEO, Wildworks
- Marshall N. Wright, Director, Business Development, Governor’s Office of Economic Development
- Moderator – Drew Clark, Founder, Utah Breakfast Club; Of Counsel, Kirton McConkie
Utah Foundation is a Founding Sponsor of the Utah Breakfast Club