Can Utah Step Up its Game on Air Quality?
As we emerge from a summer when the relief from hazy skies was nowhere to be found — and with the winter inversion season looming — the question arises:
- How will a rapidly growing Utah grapple with the air quality challenges ahead?
- What new strategies will the Cox-Henderson administration bring to the table?
- What should be our top priorities for reducing pollutants?
- What concrete steps can we take today that will bring a real return in better air quality?
- What are the obstacles?
On October 13, the Utah Foundation held an important Breakfast Briefing seeking answers to these questions and more.
Our panelists included:
- Jill Flygare, Chief Operating Officer, Utah Inland Port Authority
- Kim Frost, Executive Director, Utah Clean Air Partnership (UCAIR)
- David Garbett, Executive Director, O2 Utah
- Kim Shelley, Executive Director, Department of Environmental Quality
Thanks to our sponsor, the Garbett Family Foundation, this event was free to the public.
Watch the recording of the event, here: