Research Analyst Position Announcement
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 2, 2017
Utah Foundation is seeking a Research Analyst to perform public policy analysis and outreach. This is a full-time, salaried position. Candidates must have a strong desire to perform analysis of public-sector issues in a professional, nonpartisan setting and must demonstrate an understanding of public policy topics such as healthcare, voting, demographics, and/or infrastructure. Although Utah Foundation is not an advocacy organization, this position offers an excellent opportunity to be involved in public policy making by providing balanced, factual research on issues important to Utahns. The analyst will help inform conversations around these issues by testifying at public hearings as a policy expert, participating in working groups and conferences, and interfacing with the news media, academia, and other interested parties.
- Clear and articulate writing style
- Strong data analysis skills
- Experience working with financial and demographic data
- Strong people skills, with enthusiasm for public speaking, interviewing, and other outreach activities
- Ability to analyze complicated subjects in an objective, even-handed manner
- Ability to direct one’s own daily activities with a high degree of productivity toward meeting regular deadlines, working both as sole researcher and as part of a team
- A passion for improving public decision making through insightful analysis
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required, with statistical analysis software proficiency a bonus
- Experience with infographics and/or other creative ways to display information
- Master’s degree in public policy, public administration, health policy, economics, or related subjects preferred
- At least two years of experience is preferred
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Salary is dependent on experience, in the range of $45,000 to $50,000 per year. Benefits for full-time employees include:
- Health and dental insurance plan – Utah Foundation pays 90%
- Retirement plan – Utah Foundation contributes 13% of salary annually, without a match requirement
- Three weeks of vacation and two weeks of sick leave annually
- Premium transit pass
Submit a cover letter about your interest, a resume, three professional/educational references, and a research-oriented writing sample (written with minimal or no editing by others) to Shawn Teigen at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants selected for interviews will be contacted by Utah Foundation by May 5. For any questions, please call Shawn at 801-355-1400, extension 3.
ABOUT UTAH FOUNDATION:
Utah Foundation is a non-profit, non-partisan public policy research organization. The mission of Utah Foundation is to promote a thriving economy, a well-prepared workforce, and a high quality of life for Utahns by performing thorough, well-supported research that helps policymakers, business and community leaders, and citizens better understand complex issues and providing practical, well-reasoned recommendations for policy change.